People go to the beach for different things – to gaze at the sea, to feel the salty sea breeze, for a walk, to make sand castles, to play a game of Frisbee with friends, to make out with girlfriend/boyfriend and pretend no one’s watching, to wet feet in the sea, to take the dog for a fun outing, to escape the heat, to eat masala kadalai and bajji.
If you know me, you should know what my reason is, to go to the beach.
To think that Beach style Masala kadalai is good for you and is healthy is against all odds. But it is.
If you are following my project 50k, you’ll know I am all about clean, healthy, low carb meals right now. This meal fits the bill perfectly.
Boiled peanuts are delicious as such. If you want to turn it into a flavour-packed, filling salad, try this beach style masala kadalai. It is super easy and quick to put together and yummy.
This beach style masala kadalai makes a great diet lunch. If you find shelling peanuts tiresome, you can quite easily get yourself a pack of raw peanuts and pressure cook them for the same results.
Beach style Masala Kadalai
- Shelled boiled peanuts – 3 cups
- Puffed rice – 1 cup
- Shredded cabbage – 2 cups
- Onions – 2 medium chopped fine
- Green chili – 1 chopped fine
- Tomato – 1 large chopped fine
- Raw mango – diced ¾ cup
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – from 1 lemon
- Coriander leaves – a handful chopped fine
- Sugar – a pinch
- In a large bowl, toss together boiled peanuts, shredded cabbage, chopped onions, tomatoes, green chili, raw mango and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt, sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add puffed rice just before serving. Mix well. Serve.